Hiring employees represents a significant step for many startup businesses. However, with growth comes more complex legal issues. We advise our clients on preventative steps they can take in anticipation of possible disputes. When complex problems arise, we represent them in courtrooms and before administrative agencies.
As attorneys and business owners, we understand that disputes with employees can be costly, not only in legal fees, but also to a company's reputation.
Central Texas Employee Handbooks and Policies Lawyers
At Blazier, Christensen, Bigelow & Virr, P.C., we are proactive in protecting the rights and business interests of our clients that include:
- Service providers
- Consumer goods manufacturers
- Construction companies
- Retail businesses
- Startup companies
Preventative measures for an employer can save time and money. Those encompass:
- Developing employee handbooks and policies
- Drafting employment agreements, confidentiality agreements and non-compete agreements
- Structuring reorganizations and layoffs
- Providing training on legal concepts for training managers and non-managers to minimize a company's legal risk
- Teaming with owners and Human Resources representatives when problems occur
Austin Employment Law Attorneys
While being proactive helps a business, no one can predict allegations levied by current or former employees or independent contractors. Our job is to provide immediate and aggressive advocacy for cases that involve:
- Employee complaints to the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Texas Workforce Commission and other agencies
- Violations of non-compete or trade secret agreements by a former staff member now working for a competitor
- Internal investigations into claims of harassment, fraudulent actions or other wrongdoing
Central Texas Employee Handbook and Policies Lawyers
From offices in Austin, our lawyers advise and represent clients in communities throughout Travis County, Caldwell County, Bell County, McLennan County, Hays County, Williamson County and Bastrop County in Central Texas. Call us at 512-476-2622 or contact us by e-mail to arrange an initial consultation with one of our experienced Austin employment law attorneys.